Independent Bank of Texas
Attorneys who Advise on SBA Matters
The United States Small Business Administration (SBA) maintains a long list of requirements for Small Business Lenders, including Small Business Lending Companies (SLBCs), banks, credit unions, and other non-bank lenders that provide SBA loans. As an SBA lender, you’re legally obligated to comply with all SBA loan program requirements. If you fail to comply, you could lose your SBA guaranty, or your ability to originate loans backed by the SBA. When you hire an SBA attorney from Starfield & Smith, they can advise you on a variety of matters related to small business lending. Your SBA attorney will help you:
- Stay abreast of all small business lending policy updates, new regulations, and SBA law and regulate any updates
- Maintain compliance with current SBA lending policies, procedures and
- Navigate the often confusing landscape of SBA law and government regulations related to small business lending
- Handle any issues regarding SBA guaranty purchase, including repayment, repair, or denial
- Provide better SBA services to your clients
Our attorneys can advise you on SBA matters and provide advice about SBA laws, rules and regulations. Our services:
- Are backed by years of SBA experience and a knowledgeable team of SBA attorneys
- Are an industry benchmark for SBA compliance
- Include assistance in establishing or acquiring SBA lending authority as a Non-Federally Regulated Lender (NFRL) or a Small Business Lending Company (SBLC)
- Cover the SBA loan process from beginnin
g to end, including assisting with:
- Proper SBA loan structure
- SBA loan guarantee purchases
- SBA loan portfolio audits
- SBA loan workouts and SBA loan foreclosures
- Are nationwide – Call us to speak to an attorney for SBA assistance no matter where you are.
Attorneys for SBA Compliance
Our co-founders David Starfield and Ethan Smith have spent decades providing SBA legal and regulatory advice and SBA legal services to our nation’s SBA lenders. They have built a strong team of paralegals and attorneys to advise on SBA matters. Each SBA attorney at our firm is an SBA specialist who handles SBA matters on a daily basis, and who routinely serve expert witnesses in SBA related litigation matters. If you need an SBA lawyer, we can help you! Contact an attorney to advise you on SBA matters by dialing (215) 542-7070 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is also a simple online form on our contact page you can use to send us your SBA legal, procedural and regulatory questions.
SBA & Services
There are a number of government regulatory agencies that you may have to deal with as an SBA lender, including the SBA Office of Credit Risk Management, the SBA Office of Inspector General, Federal banking regulators, or the Department of Justice. These regulators are known for being tough in their enforcement of legal standards in the small business lending industry. Without the advice of an experienced SBA lawyer, you could run afoul of these regulators, which could mean that you could lose your ability to continue to work with the Small Business Administration to provide SBA loans. Starfield & Smith can provide an attorney to advise you on any SBA legal matters or provide a range of other SBA legal services. In the past, small business lenders have come to us for SBA legal services, including advice about SBA regulatory issues, SBA lender training, and SBA creditor’s rights protection. We can also provide an experienced attorney to advise you on SBA matters or an SBA lawyer who can assist you with SBA loan authorization and SBA non-bank licensing issues. Here’s a list of the SBA legal services we can provide to SBA lenders nationwide:
- SBA Compliance Audits and Reviews
- SBA Creditors’ Rights
- SBA Guaranty Purchase Reviews and Recovery
- SBA Lender Training for Clients
- SBA Loan Documentation and Closing Services
- SBA Non-Bank Licensing (SBLC and NFRL) Services
- SBA Regulatory Compliance and Lender Oversight
- Starfield & Smith Express – A focused, timely SBA compliance review at an affordable price point
- Business Litigation Services
- Title Services
As an SBA lender, getting accurate legal advice from an experienced SBA attorney could mean the difference between continuing to provide small business loans and losing your partnership with the Small Business Administration. Get in touch with us today to speak with an SBA attorney who can advise you on a range of SBA legal and regulatory matters and ensure your compliance with current SBA laws and regulations. Your SBA attorney can help you prepare for an SBA PARRiS or SMART audit or assist you in updating your SBA policies and procedures after an audit.
Additionally, the SBA attorney advisors at Starfield & Smith are some of the most experienced SBA attorneys in the nation that provide SBA legal services to SBLCs and NFRLs, including negotiating warehouse lines of credit to support SBA lending operations and providing subject matter legal counsel on structured finance transactions such as securitizations of SBA loan portfolios. An SBA lawyer from Starfield & Smith can be your strongest ally as you navigate the ever-changing legal and regulatory landscape of small business lending. Our attorneys have combined decades of SBA legal and regulatory experience working with SBA lenders, so you can be certain you’re getting the best legal advice for you.
Don’t leave your compliance issues up to chance; hire an experienced SBA attorney so you can be certain that you’re up to date on current SBA laws, rules and regulations. Call Starfield and Smith to speak to an attorney for SBA assistance or to inquire about any of our other SBA legal services at (215) 542-7070. You can also send an email to email@example.com or visit our contact page and fill out the online form to discuss your questions with an SBA attorney. We work with SBA lenders nationwide, so get in touch with us no matter where you are.