Katie concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial lending, real estate and commercial contracts. She represents financial institutions nationwide, including national banks, community banks, credit unions and non-bank lenders, who extend commercial credit facilities to small and mid size businesses. Katie has extensive experience in the areas of government guaranteed lending and acquisition financing and has closed hundreds of commercial finance transactions, from start-up business transactions to complex real estate and business acquisitions.
Katie advises lenders on eligibility matters and documenting and closing loans under the SBA 7(a) and 504 loan programs and assists lenders in preserving and protecting their government guaranty. As a closing attorney, Katie reviews loan files, drafts and negotiates loan documents, advises on due diligence documentation and coordinates the closing and funding of transactions. She also assists lenders with respect to their closed SBA-guaranteed loan files by reviewing and preparing SBA guaranty repurchase packages, responding to SBA recommendations, and performing loan portfolio audits.
Katie also advises small businesses on regulatory and licensing matters at both the state and federal levels as well as corporate governance and transactional matters such as real estate purchases, stock purchases, asset purchases and leases. Katie has presented training on SBA Loan Guarantees for Lorman Education Services and has presented custom training programs for various clients. She has developed a reputation among her clients as being customer focused, responsive, efficient and detail oriented.
• New Jersey
• National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders
• American Bar Association
• Pennsylvania Bar Association
• Temple University Beasley School of Law – J.D.
• Pennsylvania State University – B.A., with distinction
Direct Dial: 267.470.1207
Address: 1300 Virginia Drive, Suite 325
Fort Washington, PA 19034
- August 16, 2017: Best Practices: Documenting 401(k) Funds Used as Equity Injection
- March 22, 2017: Best Practices: Further Changes to Franchise Review Procedures Under SBA Policy Notice 5000-1941
- December 14, 2016: Best Practices: Revised Franchise Procedures with the Release of SOP 50 10 5(I)
- September 14, 2016: Best Practices: A Refresher on Indemnification Clauses in Purchase Agreements
- March 2, 2016: Best Practices: SBA Requirements for Debt Refinancing
- December 9, 2015: Best Practices: Help! What Searches Should I Order?
- September 9, 2015: Best Practices: The Value of Obtaining a Pro Forma Title Policy
- June 10, 2015: Best Practices: Payoff Letters
- March 11, 2015: Best Practices: Avoiding Improper Lien Position
- September 10, 2014: Best Practices: The Eligible Passive Company Rule
- June 4, 2014: Best Practices: Lender’s Loss Payee vs. Loss Payee: What’s the Difference?
- February 26, 2014: Best Practices: A Lender’s Burden of Proof: The Materiality Standard
- November 13, 2013: Best Practices: Indemnification Clauses in Purchase Agreements
- July 24, 2013: Best Practices: What is an IPERA Audit and Why Should I Care?
- March 6, 2013: Best Practices: SBA’s Proposed Change to the Affiliation Rule
- October 17, 2012: Best Practices: How Much Title Insurance Do I Need?
- July 18, 2012: Best Practices: Change of Ownership: Stock Redemptions
- May 16, 2012: Best Practices: Non-Competition Agreements
- February 22, 2012: Best Practices: ACORD Insurance Certificates
- December 14, 2011: Best Practices: The Art of Ordering Searches
- October 12, 2011: New SOP Insurance Requirements
- August 3, 2011: Best Practices: SBA Guaranty Fees
- June 8, 2011: Best Practices: Refinancing Credit Card Debt
- March 30, 2011: Best Practices: Financing Residential Space
- February 2, 2011: Best Practices: Bulk Sales Compliance