Jessica L. Conn
Jessica practices business law with a focus on commercial lending and government guaranteed lending. In that capacity, she represents banks, credit unions and certified development companies in closing and funding loans. Jessica has extensive experience in reviewing due diligence and drafting and negotiating loan documents for the finance of a variety of transactions including construction, asset purchases, stock purchases, refinance, working capital, equipment purchases and real estate purchases.
With respect to government guaranteed lending, Jessica has closed loans under both the SBA 504 loan program and the 7(a) loan program, including CAPline and Export Working Capital loans. Jessica has also worked on financings under the USDA B&I loan program. In addition to closing and funding government guaranteed loans, Jessica also consults with lenders and lender service providers on eligibility issues related to loan structuring.
Jessica has counseled business entities with regard to entity formation, capitalization, employment contracts and other general business matters, including the preparation and successful defense of an application by a nonprofit to IRS for 501(c)(3) exempt status.
• New Jersey
• New York
• National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders
• National Association of Development Companies
• Villanova University School of Law – L.L.M.
• Fordham University School of Law – J.D.
• Barnard College – B.A.
Direct Dial: 267.470.1188
Address: 1300 Virginia Drive, Suite 325
Fort Washington, PA 19034
- April 19, 2017: Best Practices: Calculating Rent under the EPC/OC Rule
- July 6, 2016: SBA’s Final Rule: Changes to Affiliation Regulations
- January 20, 2016: Best Practices: Closing Instruction Letters
- January 6, 2016: Best Practices: Lenders’ duty to give timely notice of potential title insurance claims
- October 21, 2015: Best Practices: What is Title Insurance, Anyway?
- July 22, 2015: Best Practices: Common Insurance Errors and Their Impact on the SBA Guaranty
- April 22, 2015: Best Practices: What Type of Environmental Review is Required?
- January 28, 2015: Best Practices: Documenting Business Condominium Insurance
- October 15, 2014: Best Practices: Electronic Signatures and SBA Lending
- July 16, 2014: Best Practices: Three Things Lenders Must Look for when Reviewing Entity Documents
- April 9, 2014: Private: Best Practices: 3 Potential Credit Underwriting Mistakes Under SOP 50 10 5(F)
- June 19, 2013: Best Practices: The Revised Third Party Lender Agreement
- May 9, 2012: Best Practices: Understanding the 504 Loan Funding Process
- January 1, 2012: Best Practices: Who’s on First? Determining when an Entity is Required to be a Primary vs. Secondary Obligor
- November 2, 2011: Best Practices: Disbursing Without a Borrowing Base Under the New Working Capital CAPline Program
- August 24, 2011: Best Practices: Educating Third Party Lenders
- June 22, 2011: Best Practices: SBA Insurance Requirements for Construction Financing
- April 27, 2011: Best Practices: SBA Policy Change: Secondary Market Sales by “High-Risk” Lenders
- March 2, 2011: Best Practices: Structuring a Partner Buyout as a Stock Redemption: Potential Tax Consequences Arising from the New Change of Ownership Rules