Victor A. Diaz
Victor is the Managing Partner of Starfield & Smith’s Florida office where he concentrates his practice in the areas of financial, commercial, transactional and property law, with emphasis on the representation of financial institutions involved with SBA lending programs. Victor represents numerous national, regional and local banks, credit unions and development companies. He has closed thousands of commercial transactions from complex real estate and business acquisitions to simple business startups. He is a Designated Closing Counsel for several Certified Development Companies that operate in the State of Florida. He draws on his extensive experience to provide outstanding service and legal representation to his lender clients. Victor has been recognized for possessing the highest levels of professional skills and ethics with an “AV Preeminent Rating” from Martindale Hubbell.
In addition to his work as part of the Starfield & Smith team, Victor’s interests include economic development, job creation, entrepreneurship and philanthropy. This is reflected in the volunteer and leadership roles he has filled including President of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Central Florida, Legal Counsel to the Hispanic Business Initiative Fund and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Maitland Art and History Association. He is a Member of the Dean’s Executive Council: Colleges of Arts & Humanities of the University of Central Florida, and past Member of the Board of Directors of the Community Foundation of Central Florida, the Jobs and Education Partnership Regional Board, the City of Orlando Nominating Board and the Walt Disney World Community Service Awards.
• Stetson University College of Law, “Cecil B. Bailey Award” Outstanding Graduate
• AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
• National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders
• 504 Lending Committee
• Region IV Liaison Committee
• National Association of Development Companies
• Designated Closing Attorney
• American Land Title Association
• Florida Bar Association
• All Courts of the State of Florida
• Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
• Stetson University College of Law – J.D.
• Georgetown University – M.A.
• University of Central Florida – B.A.
Direct Dial: 407.618.0694
Address: 2600 Maitland Center Parkway, Suite 330
Maitland, FL 32751
- June 28, 2017: Best Practices: Change of Ownership via Stock Purchase – A Primer
- January 11, 2017: Best Practices: SBA Fine-tunes 504 Debt Refi Requirements
- September 28, 2016: Best Practices: Existing Third Party Tenants and EPC/OC Leases
- June 29, 2016: Best Practices: Permanent 504 Refinancing Program
- March 23, 2016: Best Practices: New Minimum Standard Requirements for ALTA Surveys
- January 6, 2016: Best Practices: Lenders’ duty to give timely notice of potential title insurance claims
- September 30, 2015: Best Practices: U.S. Supreme Court Ends Lien Stripping of Junior Mortgages in Liquidation Cases
- July 1, 2015: Best Practices: Obtaining a First Priority Security Interest in Fixtures
- April 1, 2015: Best Practices: Obtaining Valid and Enforceable Loan Documents Under Florida’s Revised Limited Liability Company Act
- September 18, 2014: Best Practices: The Antideficiency Act and the 504 Loan Program
- June 18, 2014: Best Practices: Florida Sales and Use Tax on Commercial Rental Payments
- March 12, 2014: Best Practices: Florida Lease Agreements Must Be Properly Witnessed to be Valid and Enforceable
- December 4, 2013: Best Practices: Insuring and Rating Mortgage Modifications Under Florida’s SBA 504 Closing Pilot Program
- August 21, 2013: Best Practices: Florida Documentary Stamp Tax and Nonrecurring Intangible Tax – Out-of-State Loans
- July 31, 2013: Best Practices: “Florida Revised Limited Liability Company Act.”
- March 27, 2013: Best Practices: New Operational and Organizational Requirements for Certified Development Companies
- October 10, 2012: Best Practices: Existing Third Party Tenants and EPC/OC Leases
- June 13, 2012: Best Practices: Timeliness of Title and Survey Objection Notices
- March 21, 2012: Best Practices: Florida Documentary Stamp and Nonrecurring Intangible Taxes in Real Estate Secured Loans- Tread with Care