Victor A. Diaz
Victor is the Managing Partner of Starfield & Smith’s Florida office where he concentrates his practice in the areas of financial, commercial, transactional and property law, with emphasis on the representation of financial institutions involved with SBA lending programs. Victor represents numerous national, regional and local banks, credit unions and development companies. He has closed thousands of commercial transactions from complex real estate and business acquisitions to simple business startups. He is a Designated Closing Counsel for several Certified Development Companies that operate in the State of Florida. He draws on his extensive experience to provide outstanding service and legal representation to his lender clients. Victor has been recognized for possessing the highest levels of professional skills and ethics with an “AV Preeminent Rating” from Martindale Hubbell.
In addition to his work as part of the Starfield & Smith team, Victor’s interests include economic development, job creation, entrepreneurship and philanthropy. This is reflected in the volunteer and leadership roles he has filled including President of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Central Florida, Legal Counsel to the Hispanic Business Initiative Fund and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Maitland Art and History Association. He is a Member of the Dean’s Executive Council: Colleges of Arts & Humanities of the University of Central Florida, and past Member of the Board of Directors of the Community Foundation of Central Florida, the Jobs and Education Partnership Regional Board, the City of Orlando Nominating Board and the Walt Disney World Community Service Awards.
• Stetson University College of Law, “Cecil B. Bailey Award” Outstanding Graduate
• AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
• National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders
• 504 Lending Committee
• Region IV Liaison Committee
• National Association of Development Companies
• Designated Closing Attorney
• American Land Title Association
• Florida Bar Association
• All Courts of the State of Florida
• Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
• Stetson University College of Law – J.D.
• Georgetown University – M.A.
• University of Central Florida – B.A.
Direct Dial: 407.618.0694
Address: 2600 Maitland Center Parkway, Suite 330
Maitland, FL 32751