Michelle Sergent Kaas
Michelle focuses her practice on commercial lending and government guaranteed lending. Her clients include banks, credit unions and other direct lenders. Michelle drafts and negotiates loan documents, reviews due diligence and performs closings. Michelle also counsels business entities on general commercial matters.
Prior to joining Starfield & Smith, Michelle was an associate with a Philadelphia law firm for nine years where she focused her practice on insurance defense and coverage litigation as well as handling general civil litigation matters.
In addition, Michelle previously worked for nine years originating commercial loans with a variety of commercial lenders. She educated borrowers and representatives on products and guidelines. She also counseled small business owners and advised them on solutions to improve their cash flow and financial situation
• Eastern District of Pennsylvania
• New Jersey
• District of New Jersey
• National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders
• Philadelphia Bar Association
• Villanova University School of Law – J.D.
• Boston College – B.A.
Direct Dial: 267.470.1167
Address: 1300 Virginia Drive, Suite 325
Fort Washington, PA 19034
- August 2, 2017: Best Practices: Documenting Small Construction Projects Under $350,000
- May 24, 2017: Best Practices: Eligible Uses of Proceeds for Renovations
- March 1, 2017: Best Practices: Obtaining Sufficient Title Insurance on Your Construction Loan
- November 30, 2016: Best Practices: Avoiding Preferences in SBA Lending
- August 17, 2016: Best Practices: Getting Started with SBA Lending: SBA Express Loans
- June 1, 2016: Best Practices: Navigating Through the SBA Export Express Loan Program