Businesses that become involved in commercial disputes are often forced to decide whether to retain large law firms that have substantial commercial litigation experience or less expensive attorneys who are unfamiliar with the complex issues presented in business cases.
In addition, litigants in commercial cases need counsel who can invest the time and personal attention necessary to understand their business and fully appreciate the impact that the litigation may have on their customers, creditors and competition.
At Starfield & Smith, our clients never have to choose between high cost and low expectations. Our litigators are highly qualified trial lawyers, recognized by their peers for their excellence, who have extensive experience representing organizations and individuals in many types of legal proceedings, including civil cases, bankruptcies, administrative hearings, arbitrations, mediations and white collar criminal investigations.
Our attorneys work closely with their clients, take personal responsibility for all aspects of their engagement, communicate effectively and pursue their objectives efficiently. This client-centered approach enables Starfield & Smith’s attorneys to have the background, training and experience typically found among business litigators at large law firms without charging the hourly rates that those firms typically demand.
Starfield & Smith’s litigators have experience representing clients in disputes involving many substantive areas of law, including:
• Contract claims
• Declaratory judgment and injunction actions
• Claims arising under the Uniform Commercial Code
• Real estate and landlord-tenant claims
• Creditors’ rights and collections matters
• Subpoena compliance
• Business torts, including fraud, unfair competition and lender liability claims
• Environmental claims
• False Claims Act proceedings
• Defamation and commercial disparagement claims
• Covenants not to compete
• Trade secret and intellectual property claims
• Claims among business partners, shareholders, joint venturers or members of LLCs
• Claims against business partners, agents and employees
• Government contract claims
• Construction and mechanic’s lien claims
• Appellate matters
• RICO claims
• Class actions
• Antitrust claims
• Americans with Disability Act claims
• Professional liability claims
• Defending personal injury and consumer protection claims
Although Starfield & Smith’s commercial litigation attorneys have experience litigating in jurisdictions and venues throughout the United States, they primarily focus on representing clients in the state and federal courts of New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Where necessary, they will coordinate with local counsel in other jurisdictions where a matter is pending.
Contact us today to learn how Starfield & Smith’s commercial litigation attorneys can help you.