Norman E. Greenspan
Norman concentrates his practice in complex commercial and corporate litigation, and white collar criminal defense. Before joining Starfield & Smith,Norman was an equity partner in the Philadelphia office of a national law firm where he served as chairman of the litigation department and was a member of the firm’s executive committee. He successfully represented many high profile clients in civil, criminal and administrative litigation matters and has tried over 60 cases to judgment. Norman’s clients have included public and privately held entities, and individuals. He serves a wide range of clients in areas such as: contracts; creditor’s rights; false claims act; government investigations; internal corporate investigations; financial services; securities; corporate governance; intellectual property; antitrust; real estate; restrictive covenants; class actions; bank fraud; tax; healthcare fraud; environmental; government contracts; and business fraud. He is an adjunct professor of law at Temple University School of Law, a faculty member at the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, and has chaired programs for the Practicing Law Institute, ALI-ABA and professional trade associations. Upon completing law school, Norman was appointed a Trial Attorney with the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice through its Honors Program that applies only to the highest achieving law school graduates in the country. Subsequently, Norman served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney with the Special Prosecutions Division of the White Collar Crimes Unit in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Philadelphia where he received commendations from the SEC, the FBI and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service. Norman has been admitted to practice pro hac vice in numerous state and federal courts throughout the United States. He has tried cases in more than fifteen different venues, and argued appeals to the First, Second and Third Circuit U.S. Courts of Appeal, and to the Supreme Courts of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
• Supreme Court of the United States
• U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Michigan
• U.S. District Court – Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
• U.S. District Court – Northern District of Illinois
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
• AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
• Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers- Pennsylvania (Business Litigation, Criminal Defense: White Collar, Securities Litigation)
• National Institute for Trial Advocacy
• American Bar Association
• Pennsylvania Bar Association
• Philadelphia Bar Association
• Temple University School of Law Alumni Association
• National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders
• Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D.
• Temple University, B.A.
Direct Dial: 215.390.1025
Address: 1300 Virginia Drive, Suite 325
Fort Washington, PA 19034