Laura P. Amato
Laura is an Associate in the firm’s Fort Washington office. She represents national banks, community banks, non-bank lenders, and other financial institutions in the structuring, negotiation, and documentation of commercial credit facilities, with a focus on government guaranteed lending. Her finance experience encompasses an array of industries, including commercial real estate, franchising, retail, heavy machinery, technology consulting, fine art, and healthcare.
Prior to joining Starfield & Smith, Laura was an Associate in the commercial lending practice of an AmLaw 100 firm, representing financial institutions in middle market domestic and international loan transactions including debt restructurings, acquisition finance, private equity sponsor transactions, multi-currency and international lending facilities, asset-based lending facilities, bridge financings, and mezzanine financings. Representations include:
• A multi-unit quick service restaurant franchisee in obtaining a term loan from a private equity firm, structured as a leveraged dividend recapitalization;
• A national bank in an asset-based revolving credit facility to a network of fourteen affiliated borrowers in the temporary staffing industry;
• A private equity sponsor of a leveraged acquisition, financed with four tranches of senior-secured debt and three tiers of subordinated debt.
• New Jersey
• 2011 Delaware Valley Association of Corporate Counsel Diversity Scholar
• 2011 Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Enforcement, Honors Internship
• 2012 Brandeis Society Judge Sandra Mazer Moss Award
• 2013 Rubin Public Interest Honor Society
• Pennsylvania Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Pennsylvania
• National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders
• Temple University Beasley School of Law – J.D.
• Temple University Fox School of Business – B.B.A., cum laude
Direct Dial: 215.390.1061
Address: 1300 Virginia Drive, Suite 325
Fort Washington, PA 19034