Kristen G. Dickey
Kristen is an associate in Starfield & Smith’s Florida office and she concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial lending, real estate, contracts and corporate law. As closing counsel for various financial institutions (including banks, credit unions and certified development companies) that extend commercial credit facilities to small and mid-size businesses, she drafts, analyzes, and negotiates documents for government guaranteed loans through SBA 7(a) and 504 loan programs and conventional loans.
Kristen also reviews SBA guaranteed loan files and advises lenders on eligibility matters, due diligence documentation, and closing issues in order to preserve and protect their government guarantees. Kristen has closed many commercial finance transactions from start-up business transactions to complex real estate and business acquisitions. She has also worked on financings under the SBA CAPLine, Export Working Capital, and USDA Business and Industry loan programs.
Before joining Starfield & Smith, Kristen was an associate at Akerman Senterfitt in Orlando where she concentrated her practice in commercial real estate, including acquisitions, dispositions, financing, and leasing.
Kristen is a life-long Florida Gator and resides in Winter Park with her husband, son and two dogs.
• Florida (2006)
• District of Columbia (2009)
• Florida Bar
• District of Columbia Bar
• National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders
• Florida Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders
• Membership Committee
• Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
• University of Florida – Bachelor of Science, Minor in Business Administration
• Florida State University College of Law – Juris Doctor
Direct Dial: 407.618.0698
Address: 2600 Maitland Center Parkway, Suite 330
Maitland, FL 32751
- May 10, 2017: Best Practices: Effective May 1, 2017; Variable Rate Notes Must Include First Rate Adjustment Language
- November 2, 2016: Best Practices: Commercial Real Estate Appraisals for SBA 7A Loans and Non Arm’s Length Transactions
- May 25, 2016: Best Practices: Secondary Collateral Real Property – Title Search or Title Policy?
- February 10, 2016: Best Practices: Liquor License Liens
- November 11, 2015: Best Practices: The Importance of Non-Compete Agreements
- August 12, 2015: Best Practices: Florida Documentary Stamp Tax and Nonrecurring Intangible Tax Refresher
- May 20, 2015: Best Practices: NEW E-Tran Requirements in SOP 50 10 5(H)
- January 7, 2015: Best Practices: Clarification of Credit Bureau Reporting SOP 50 57 – 7(a) Loan Servicing and Liquidation
- August 6, 2014: Best Practices: Mitigating Risks of Intervening UCC Filings with Payoff Letters
- May 7, 2014: Best Practices: Curative Measures for Recorded Instruments
- October 9, 2013: Best Practices: NEW Collateral Requirements under SOP 50 10 5(F)
- August 21, 2013: Best Practices: Florida Documentary Stamp Tax and Nonrecurring Intangible Tax – Out-of-State Loans
- June 5, 2013: Best Practices: Timing to Perfect a Purchase Money Security Interest
- November 14, 2012: Best Practices: Not All Surveys are Created Equal: The ALTA Survey
- October 3, 2012: Best Practices: SBA expands the definition of ‘Rentable Property’
- May 2, 2012: Best Practices: Surveys