Greg T. Kupniewski
Greg focuses his national practice on representing financial institutions in business restructuring, bankruptcy and financial services matters and other creditors’ rights issues. He has extensive experience in all facets of bankruptcy litigation and transactions, including asset purchases and other types of acquisitions. Greg also develops risk management strategies to mitigate his client’s losses when their customers enter bankruptcy.
Greg has particular expertise in litigation, bankruptcy and other liquidation activities surrounding government guaranteed loans. Greg’s primary focus is maximizing his client’s recovery on the government guaranty and developing liquidation strategies that are regulator-approved, effective and reimbursable. Beyond litigation and liquidation, Greg has significant experience successfully preparing SBA guaranty purchase packages and satisfying requests for information from the SBA.
Greg’s representative matters include:
- Prevention of large scale disclosure of sensitive consumer information and competitive proprietary information by forming and leading an ad hoc group of financial institutions in the bankruptcy case of a collections agency and the receivership of its related law firm;
- Satisfaction of informal inquiry by U.S. Department of Justice regarding his client’s bankruptcy policies and procedures, preventing any further inquiry and an official investigation;
- Reacquisition of control over franchise business and won embezzlement judgment in favor of entrepreneur group in the bankruptcy case of their former business partner.
Additionally, Greg assists commercial lenders with loan documentation, closing issues and with the drafting of corporate and finance documents related to conventional loans and government guaranteed loans through the SBA 7(a) and 504 loan programs.
• Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
• Supreme Court of New Jersey
• United States District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
• United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
• Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers- Pennsylvania Rising Stars in 2010-2012 (Bankruptcy, Creditors’ Rights)
• Named to the Pennsylvania First Judicial District’s Pro Bono Honor Roll for his work in child advocacy
• National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders
• Philadelphia Bar Association
• Turnaround Management Association
• James E. Beasley School of Law, Temple University – JD
• Saint Joseph’s University – BA
Direct Dial: 215.390.1023
Address: 1300 Virginia Drive, Suite 325
Fort Washington, PA 19034